Hey Boss Babes!
I remember when I first started working out I didn't take stretching and warming up seriously. I thought meh it's so time consuming and I feel fine I don't need to warm up, was I ever wrong.
- Increases heart rate and circulation
- Loosens the joints which increases blood flow to the muscles
- Helps prevent injuries
After maybe four months I started getting really bad shoulder and back pain so I decided it was time for a massage. Oh my gosh did I ever ball my eyes out. I didn't realize how badly I let my body get until it was at a point where I couldn't even move let alone lift.
So here is my favourite mobility routine! Enjoy!
- Jumping jacks - Just to get your body warmed up (30 seconds)
- Seated hamstring stretch - Sitting down, touching your toes or grabbing your ankles (30sec-1 min)
- Quad Stretch - Standing up, Holding one foot behind. (30 seconds each leg)
- Sumo squat stretch - 30 seconds to 1 min
- Shoulder Stretch - Hold one arm across your body (30 seconds each arm)
- Tricep stretch - Arm behind head (30 seconds each arm)
- Hip Flexor Stretch - Lunge position (30 seconds each side)
- Knee Across body - Laying down arm out, one knee across body. Try and keep shoulder blades on ground. (30 seconds each side)
- Seated glute stretch - "Pretzel" - Sitting one knee across body (30 seconds each side)
- SHAKE IT OUT! - Take a few minutes just to swing out, activate your body, warm up those muscles.
- Add in any other exercises you think may help benefit your lift, or that help you feel as warmed up as possible.
Now this is more of a full body type mobility routine. You can always adjust to the body part you are working but always no matter what remember to warm up. I guarantee you will have a way better lift and feel more confident for your workout.
Written by: Lauren Hedley