I HATE TRICEPS. Yup, I said it. Triceps are my weakest body part to workout just because I sometimes get really bad elbow pain. But when I do workout my triceps this is what it typically looks like.
1. Single arm cable tricep pulldowns - 4 sets, 10 Repetitions : I typically do this one to warm up so I use a lighter weight.
2. Standing skull crushers - 3 sets, 12 Repetitions
3. Triangle tricep pulldowns - 3 sets, 12 Repetitions
4. Tricep rope extension - 4 sets, 15, 12, 10, 8 Repetitions - At the bottom of the extension I hold for 2-3 seconds longer than usual and slower on the way up.
5. SUPERSET - Forward tricep extension + Reverse tricep extension - 4 sets, 8-10 Repetitions each exercise : This is typically my burn out.
I don't do very many tricep exercises but I tend to think these 5 are some of the best. I like to incorporate working triceps on chest or arm days as well!
Written by: Lauren Hedley