If you're not sure what to do for your next leg day, this intense booty burns is just what you're looking for! This circuit can be adjusted for beginners or advanced participants. To see the complete workout, head on over to our official Instagram page!
Let's get into the workout!
Bulgarian Split Squats (12 reps per leg - 4 sets)
Start by placing a bench or chair behind you, allow one foot to rest on the bench. At this point, one leg should be standing on the ground and the other making90-degree angle. Next begin to descend your leg down, keeping your back straight, and shoulders relaxed. Keep descending until your knee is just short of the ground. Once you reach the bottom position, push yourself back up by extending your front knee and hip at the same time and stopping just short of locking out your knee.
1. The closer you stand to the bench, the more it will emphasize the quads.
2. To increase the difficulty of this exercise you can; load a barbell, use a kettle bell, or a set of dumbells. You can also play with your time under tension if you are looking for more of a burn. Try holding your split squat for 5 seconds once you have reached your furthest descend.
Glute Hip Thrusts (15 reps 4 sets)
Begin seated on the ground with a bench directly behind you. Lean back against the bench so that your shoulder blades are near the top of it. Begin the movement by driving through your feet, extending your hips. Your weight should be supported by your shoulder blades and your feet. Extend as far as possible, then reverse the motion to return to the starting position.
1. You really want to FEEL that contraction (aka that squeeeze your feel when thrusting). I always tell my clients to imagine they were holding in a fart (yes I know it sounds ridiculous but it works) in front of your boss or crush.
2. I recommend adding a barbell or a resistance band if you are at the gym. Almost every gym now and days will have a band, but if not check out Amazon for some amazing deals.
Jump Squats With Alternating Hand Touches ( 30 seconds on 10 seconds off 4 sets)
Begin in a squatting position, keep feet hip distance apart and ever so slightly point your feet outward 5 or 10-degrees. Sitting back into the squatting position and keeping your core tight begin to hop your feet together and then back out. When you jump your feet back outwards, alternate touching your hand to the ground.
1. You really want to keep your heart elevated for this one. Try to push yourself as hard as you can!
2. You can add ankle weights or a resistance band to increase the difficulty
Crab Walk ( 30 seconds on 15 seconds off 4 sets)
Begin back in your squatting position. You will be staying in this position for the entirety of the exercise. Stepping out one leg to the side after the other making sure to keep your core tight and back straight.
1. I love adding one or even two resistance bands to this one! One below and one above your knee
2. You want to keep your entire body as still as possible while crab walking to ensure we are maximizing our isolation.
Get ready to feel the burn!