Its Friyay Boss Babes!! FINALLY the weekend and oh was it ever needed.
First full week of school done and I'm already up to my neck in homework. But since I have some time on my hands I thought I'd share some new exercises with you guys that I've been adding into my leg days.
1. Front Squats - 4 sets, 12 Repetitions - I've been starting doing front squats again and I like to increase my weight but only by 5 pounds each round. I'm not the strongest when it comes to them but I like to focus on my form which is of course most important. Start out with the bar and work your way up from there.
2. One leg dumbbell hamstring curl - 4 sets, 10 Repetitions each leg - I found these on Instagram and I got them from BrittanyPerilleee's account. They are AMAZING and balancing is a lot easier. Keep your back straight and focus on really keeping your hips aligned. One foot behind the other, dumbbell in the front arm and bend as if you were doing it with both legs.
3. Curtsey Lunges - 3 sets, 10 Repetitions each leg (20 total) - I really like these because they hit your glutes and quads perfectly. Try and go a little heavier with the bar to challenge yourself.
4. Side Lunges - 4 sets, 10 Repetitions each leg - I use a 25 pound weight with these because I just started to figure out how to actually do them properly.
5. Sumo Deadlifts - 4-5 sets of 10 - Soooo I just learnt how to do these haha! I could never figure out the proper form but I FINALLY managed to figure it out last leg day!! Only at 25's a side right now but until you get the form down that's just how you have to do it!
So that's it! I hope you all try at least include one of these in your next leg day!! Send me a DM on instagram if you have any questions or just wanna let me know how how it went!
XO, Lauren Hedley