1. When you catch yourself thinking the grass is greener on the other side, challenge yourself to water the grass you are standing on.
I know this one is hard. When things get tough, as human beings, our natural reaction is to get bitter and shut down. I'm here to ask you today to FIGHT that feeling. To FIGHT the urge to shut down. Next time when you feel that pang of jealousy ask yourself what you can do that moment to water your own grass.
2. When you have two good options. Challenge yourself to go with the scarier option.
Often these are the ones that push us to grow faster...Diamonds are only made under pressure beautiful.
3. Practice self-reflection daily. Analyze what made you successful for the day and the opposite.
Take time to identify the activities and actions that make YOU feel good. This can happen at any time during the day. Personally, I choose to write for 5 minutes in the morning and evening. Every morning I start out with a gratitude log (check out our post on that!) and in the evenings is when I take the time to analyze my day. What made my day great... what I can do better.
4. Surround yourself with people who share similar goals
This one is a freaking no brainer people. We ALL know we need to do this but its just a matter of choosing to cut the negative (soul suckers) that bring us down and hold us back, out of your life.
5. Watch my favorite Ted talks
Matt Cutts – Try Something New For 30 Days
Kelly McGonigal: How to make stress your friend
I hope you guys enjoyed our 5 ways to practice daily personal development! Let us know which ones you try and your thoughts.