If I Could Speak To My Younger Self: Lauren Hedley
Happy Wednesday Boss Babes! I leave in 9 days to go on a beautiful cruise with my dad and sister for 10 wonderful days!
Today I thought I'd get a little more serious and talk about what I would say to my younger self if I ever had a chance.
1. You are strong and you can get through anything. - I say this to myself now & wish I could have said it before too. I never ever believed in myself when I was younger. I always doubted myself in everything I did whether it was swimming, school, or even any sort of goal I ever wanted to achieve. Until I turned 18, I honestly didn't believe in myself as a person because I just felt defeated by myself already because of so many tough times.However, I'm so happy now I Am able to believe in myself and surpass all of my goals and achieve greatness each day in a different sort of way. I've been able to get through SO many tough times because I finally let myself believe I was good enough. If I could tell my younger self all of this, I know I would have never done some of the things I did to myself, or others.
2. FORGIVE YOURSELF. - This one is honestly the most important and personal to me. I have fucked up more times than I have done right in the past, however, I have realized I have to forgive myself before you can forgive others. I was a total dumb ass when I was younger and could care less about anybody, but when I realized what my dumb choices were doing and how they were affecting my closest friends, I had to figure out what I was doing with my life. In order to figure this out I had to loose my best friend to dumb choices in high school, but because of this one thing I have been able to realize who I Am, what I need to work on in my life, and how I need to forgive myself and not dwell on the past, but let it better me as a person.
3. Learn to let things go. - I'm one to hold a grudge at times not going to lie haha! I have major anger issues and can be a total b***h, but I realized that I'm also just as nice as I Am a little hot headed. I hold on to the smallest or/and biggest things just because I think that I can eventually fix the problem, but I know I need to realize that sometimes I can't fix certain problems and that I can simply choose to dwell on it or just simply let it go. If I could tell my younger self to let things go I would have been a way better person inside and out. I held so so so many negative grudges that now all I seem to have are these grudges for nothing. SO LET IT GO.
4. Love Yourself - Simple. Love yourself. Love the hell out of yourself ladies and gentleman. This is so crucial in every individuals life because if you don't love yourself, how can you love others? How can you love what you're doing? It takes time, I understand that more than anybody, however, when you love yourself so many doors open its crazy. Again, until I was 18 I really didn't care about myself at all or what I did. I thought of only things that would benefit me but I didn't think about what my choices would do to others. Until I focused on loving myself and accepting myself I never really understood anything to be honest. I kind of just went with the flow and didn't really have a path for myself or my future. However, when I chose to start loving myself I finally felt like my own person. I would tell my younger self to love herself because it is important to be able to love who you are so that you can be at peace with yourself.
5. If you don't like what you're doing, why do it? Being an aspiring fitness competitor I realize now after many years of constant training for swimming, if you don't enjoy what you are doing don't do it. I loved swimming for a long time and made so many friends and traveled so many places but after so many years of constant training twice a day two hours each practice I was so burnt out I barely even went to practice. Do what you love. That may change as the years go on but that doesn't mean that's wrong in any way. The best feeling for me was when I found fitness and working out was what I really wanted to do. When you find your true passion its like nothing can stop you. I'd tell my younger self to stay positive and stay focus and driven, but also to put those three things into something I love doing. Your motivation to be better sky rockets, you as a person grows tremendously, your mindset changes to be so much more positive. I love what I do, I love what I have become and I don't plan on stopping.
So there ya have it ladies n gents! 5 things I wish I could tell myself when I was younger. There are so many more things I wish I could say, but I might as well write a book!
Enjoy your Wednesday Boss Babes!
Written by: Lauren Hedley