Happy Long Weekend Boss Babes!
Now if some of you know me I LOVE junk food. Yup, I honestly can't help it junk food is my favourite thing in the entire world. So today I thought I'd share with you guys a sweet recipe for a delicious grilled cheese but a healthier version! Still has a good amount of calories plus up to 13 grams of protein so keeping it tasty but still healthier than your average grilled cheese. Id reccomend this either for lunch or a yummy late nighyt snack.
1. 4 slices of whole grain bread
2. 2 thick slices of white cheddar cheese
3. 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil based margarine
4. 1 tart green apple OR 1/2 yellow onion thinly sliced
How to make:
1. With a pan at medium heat, add two slices of bread butter side down and top each with one slice of cheese.
2. Top that with your onions or apples then the other slice of bread with the other slice on top.
3. Cook on each side until golden brown and crisp (2-3 mins)
Written by: Lauren Hedley